Psychological First Aid
Social Support Training
Basic skills for helping people affected by a disaster
Half day (3 hours)
Anyone 18 years or older
One registered trainer per 25 participants plus one support person
$150 plus GST per participant (tailored packages available for workplaces or groups of 15 or more)
What is included?
Develop skills to respond to those in distress after critical events and natural disasters.
Psychological First Aid is a crisis support training program that equips participants to provide support to people in the aftermath of a disaster or critical event.
Psychological First Aid is support that is given:
- To someone immediately following a disaster or critical event.
- Until more appropriate professional help is available.
- Until the person is less overwhelmed and more able to cope.
- Psychological First Aid seeks to:
- Reduce the initial distress.
- Foster short and long-term adaptive functioning (build resilience).
- Minimise the risk of further harm.
The training is delivered by qualified, experienced Lifeline trainers. Participants receive a Statement of Attendance at completion of the course.
Please get in touch with us if you’d like to discuss your training needs – firstname.lastname@example.org
Register your interest for Lifeline events
No events to show