When you donate to and buy at Lifeline Shops, you are helping save lives.
Donations to our Lifeline Shops
We recommend giving your local Lifeline South Coast shop a call prior to dropping off your donations as we sometimes experience high volume of incoming donations from our generous communities.
We accept clean, good-quality items. As a general rule, if you’d give it to a friend, you can donate it!
Funds from the sale of your donation in a Lifeline Shop go directly to Lifeline programs that help people in need, including our 24-hour 13 11 14 Crisis Support Line. As a bonus, donating to Lifeline can help to save the planet by giving a second life to your pre-loved items and keeping them out of landfill.
See below for contact details of our shop locations. On occasion we need to pause accepting donations to ensure we provide a safe working environment to our volunteers and have the physical space to store donations and prepare them for sale. Remember to call your local shop first to make sure your donations can be accepted.
Where to donate
- Drop items off in person: Find your nearest Lifeline op shop and bring your items by during trading hours. Please do not leave items outside the shop. They may be damaged or stolen.
- Drop off at a donation bin: Clothes donations and small goods can be dropped at one of our donation bins (locations below). Please remember that your donation must fit in the bin. If you come across a full bin, please do not leave donations outside of the bin.
What to donate
- Clothes: We accept good quality, wearable clothing, shoes and accessories with no rips, stains or tears. Bagged up in lots (ie women’s, men’s and children’s items) is great!
- Books: Small quantity of books in good condition are accepted at our shops. Please call prior to donating.
- Bric-a-brac: Wine racks, candelabras, crockery or any other curios and ornaments are welcome as donations.
What happens to my donation?
Donation Bin Location
Berry (Carpark behind IGA on Queens Street)