Plans are well underway for Lifeline's March 2016 Big Book Fair, taking place at the Illawarra Sports Stadium, Berkeley between 9am and 5pm on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th and between 9am and 4pm on Sunday 20th March 2016.
We aim to have 80,000 books sorted and packed by our hard working volunteers which will be displayed in more than 50 categories. As usual, there will be something there for everyone, no matter what their interest may be: fiction; non-fiction; reference; hobbies; travel; children’s books; art; science; literature; history; biographies; old, rare or just interesting.
Download your copy of the March 2016 floor plan (will be available at the door).
Books can be donated year round at either the Wollongong or Kiama Lifeline Shop, the Lifeline Warehouse (see here for address) or your closest Southern.IML Pathology collection centre (see locations). Selected Wollongong and Shellharbour City Libraries are also acting as collection points.
Would you like to join us as a volunteer? We need people to:
- Set-up and pack-up the event
- Provide customer service and information
- Operate cash registers
- Work on the tally tables (helps if you are good with numbers)
- Complete exit interviews
If you think you can help, download the information booklet and application form from the volunteer with us page.
We would again like to thank our ongoing sponsors and supporters who continue to provide us quality services, venues, products and benefits all at wonderfully reduced prices or no cost at all. They include:
- Wave FM
- Illawarra Mercury
- Power FM
- Southern IML Pathology
- NQX Freight
- Illawarra Sports Stadium
- Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre
- Snap printing
- Wollongong City Council Libraries (selected) act as book donation points
- Shellharbour City Council Libraries (selected) act as book donation points
- Fairy Meadow Primary School
- EWSS (Embroidery Work & Safety Supplies)
- St Therese Catholic Church in West Wollongong allow us to display a banner on their properties
And thanks to:
- Dapto Scouts who cook a yummy bbq for our customers
- Goggo Mobile Coffee for fantastic coffee at the venue
- CWA who sell yummy treats at the venue
- Crackwell Security ensure everyone enjoyed a safe and secure event
Remember, the Fair is on between 18th to 20th March 2016 between 9am and 5pm Friday and Saturday and 9am and 4pm Sunday.
Be there early to grab a bargain!