New & Exciting at Lifeline South Coast
There are so many things happening at Lifeline South Coast. Get involved, volunteer, become a Crisis Supporter, raise funds or undertake training!
Get all your information here and help us to empower & support our communities to be suicide-safe through connection, compassion & hope.
Become a Crisis Supporter!
Lifeline South Coast is looking for individuals who want to help provide real, direct and impactful crisis support to those who need it most. Any one can become a Crisis Supporter. Register your interest and attend one of our mandatory information session to start your volunteering journey.
27 February 2024 & 28 March 2024 @ 6PM online
Donate monthly to Lifeline South Coast and have a direct impact within your community.
Your monthly donation will help Lifeline South Coast to:
- Have a consistance and predictible income stream that Lifeline South Coast can rely on to help us support your community better.
- Boost our awareness within your community to ensure people who are at risk, know we are available to help when they need it.
- Plan and execute impactful projects knowing we have the communities support.
Help us to answer more calls this 2024 and to reach our vision of an Australia free of suicide. Become a monthly donator today!
Lifeline South Coast has so many volunteer opportunities available!
- Crisis Supporter Volunteer
- Retail Volunteer in our four shop locations – CORRIMAL, DAPTO, NOWRA & WOLLONGONG
- Book Sorting Volunteer in our Wollongong Warehouse
- Ambassador Volunteer
- Christmas Wrapping Volunteer
For more informaiton on how you can be apart of our amazing team of volunteers click here!
Sponsoring Hope: Corporate Collaborating
On average 150 calls per week go answered. These calls could be coming from someone close to you. They could be calling us about relationship breakdowns, financial struggles, past trauma or their imminent thoughts of suicide.
You can help us to pick up the phone.
We simply do not have enough Crisis Supporters to meet the demands of our community.
To put this in a clearer perspective, Lifeline’s impact is:
- 32,364 Australian’s called Lifeline South Coast last financial year.
- Men are 3 times more likely to die by suicide than women.
- More than 1/3 of people have been close to someone who has taken or attempted to take their own life.
By not answering all the calls, this means that Help Seekers are left to face their darkest times alone. You can directly help Lifeline South Coast.
Objective: Recruit, train and support 100 Telephone Crisis Supporters.
Barrier: Each Crisis Supporter requires $5000 to achieve our objective. We need Corporate Funding.
Solution: Your business can sponsor a Crisis Supporter for 12 months with a $5000 sponsorship.
Register your interest to become a Corporate Partner today!