You, or someone you know may be directed to practice social distancing, self-isolation or go into a period of quarantine which may feel daunting and overwhelming and can contribute to feelings of helplessness and fear. In addition to the above guidelines we also encourage:
- Connection – think of creative ways to stay connected with others including social media, email and phone.
- Daily routine – create a routine that prioritises things you enjoy and even things you have been meaning to do but haven’t had enough time to in the past such as reading that book or watching that show.
- Perspective – try to see this as an unusual period that might even have some benefits.
- Be generous to others – giving to others in times of need not only helps the recipient, it enhances your wellbeing Is there a way to help others around you?
- Stay connected with your values, don’t let fear or anxiety drive your interactions with others. We are all in this situation together.
- As above, limit your exposure to news and media. Perhaps choose specific times of the day when you will get updates, ensuring they are from reliable and accurate sources