Psychological First Aid (6 hours)
Psychological First Aid is a crisis support training program that equips participants to provide support to people in the aftermath of a disaster or critical event.
Develop skills to respond to those in distress after critical events and natural disasters.
PFA is support that is given:
- To someone immediately following a disaster or critical event,
- Until more appropriate professional help is available, and/or
- Until the person is less overwhelmed and more able to cope
It seeks to:
- Reduce the initial distress
- Foster short and long-term adaptive functioning (build resilience)
- Minimise the risk of further harm