Suicide Awareness Training
safeTALK is a half-day (3-4 hour) presentation aimed at increasing suicide alertness. This program alerts community members to signs that a person may be considering suicide. It acknowledges that while most people at risk of suicide signal their distress and invite help, these intervention opportunities are often overlooked.
Participants learn to recognise when someone may have thoughts of suicide and to respond in ways that link them with further suicide intervention help. They will learn how basic TALK steps can link persons at risk with suicide first aid and other help to increase their safety.
Lifeline South Coast offers a range of options for people wanting to train in safeTALK. Details of the next available training dates in both the Illawarra and Shoalhaven are listed below. Or we can arrange to come to your workplace to train larger groups.
Please get in touch with us if you'd like to discuss your training needs - firstname.lastname@example.org
The following safeTALK sessions were delivered FREE to our community with the generous support of the following Clubs as part of the 2017 ClubGRANTS program.
- 24 July 2017 thanks to Tradies Helensburgh
- 2 August 2017 thanks to Wests Illawarra
- 23 October 2017 thanks to Wests Illawarra
- 26 February 2018 thanks to Wests Illawarra
- 12 March 2018 thanks to The Shellharbour Club
- 5 April 2018 thanks to The Shellharbour Club
- 18 April 2018 thanks to City Diggers
- 23 April 2018 thanks to Berkeley Sports and Social Club
- 2 May 2018 thanks to Club Jervis Bay
- 2 May 2018 thanks to Culburra Bowling and Recreation Club
- 8 May 2018 thanks to The Shellharbour Club
- 18 May 2018 thanks to Illawarra Leagues Club
- 18 May 2018 thanks to St Georges Basin Country Club
- 21 May 2018 thanks to Milton Ulladulla Ex-Servos Club
- 22 May 2018 thanks to Wests Illawarra
- 29 May 2018 thanks to Dapto Citos Club
- 31 May 2018 thanks to Mollymook Golf Club